At Opticon 2023, Optimizely reinforced its focus on headless and SaaS variants of the product family. As an extension of this focus, they unveiled plans for Visual Builder - an intuitive new way to compose content.
Optimizely Visual Builder - Intuitive Content Composition
Optimizely describes its new feature, Visual Builder, as a "visual experience builder" with an "elegant, intuitive editing interface that empowers content creators."
Visual content composition is not a new concept in itself – Optimizely's CMS flagship has had it for over 10 years already through the built-in On-Page Editing mode. What's different now is that Visual Builder is offered as a standalone tool and is part of Optimizely's new SaaS/headless initiative and product offering.
Features about the new Visual Builder include:
- An improved visual look that focuses on content composition, unburdened by the extra scaffolding that a full-fledged CMS would typically have.
- A visual, drag-and-drop-based interface that makes it easy to assemble content blocks and preview how they will be published.
- Easy creation of content templates without the need for coding.
- Integration with the new Optimizely Graph for content manipulation and interconnection.
- Personalization tools built into the editing interface.